Konichiwa!

Hello...I am Dracula! I bid you velcome!
(....Well, one of those statements is not entirely true...)

Thank you for stopping by "noms4noobs", your source for gamer grub of many varieties! I wanted a place where I could play with my food before playing with the guild, and show others how to do so as well.
Ever watch an anime and see the cute little Bento (or "Obento") boxes and think, "I wish I could make one..."
Ever look at your dry, ten cent ramen and wonder, "I wish this looked like nommy ramen on TV..."
Do you struggle with having ten minutes or less to make a meal that is mess free for easy gaming?
Are you tired of having your LAN parties being more like LAME parties?
Wonder where to eat when you leave the house?
Then you, my nerdy and or geeky friend, are in luck because you can now has the cheezburger and so much more!
I also want all these things to be fixed, and want to fix few of these things as well! So with my limited sense of humor and clear sense of taste I welcome you to a place where you can read, watch, and learn how to be 0083|2 1337 instead of a |\|008 when it comes to noms~!

Friday, November 18, 2011

How To Cook: Bunny in a Hole



"Toad in a Hole" was one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast growing up, it was one of the easiest and tastiest things to make. So I chose to take this and add some zest to it! So since my nickname is "Little Bunny/Bunny Bunny" I added a twist and changed the name. Hopefully you will also find this easy to make. So let's get it on like Donkey Kong!





What you will need for each serving/slice is
1 Slice of toast
1 Egg
1 Piece of ham (Canadian Bacon, Bacon, Lunch Meat, Whatever)
Shredded Cheese

If you also want Hollandaise Sauce with it (I highly recommend it)
Per serving you will need
1 Egg yolk
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4-1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
A couple drops of that sauce you cannot pronounce (Worcestershire)
1 Teaspoon crushed and dried Parsley


You want a good non-stick pan for this because if you do not then the egg will stick and pop out of the bread like Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhogs day! We want a yummy "sunshine sandwich" not 6 more weeks of winter!

Heat that pan to Medium-Low

Butter the bread on both sides. Then take the bread and cut out the middle with a biscuit cutter, knife, or glass. I like to keep the centers of the bread and toast them.

Put the bread in the pan and crack the egg into the middle of the bread.



Once you see that the white is solid on the other side flip it over and let the other side cook.














The egg should be cooked to how you like it (I like a mostly cooked yolk) and the bread should be lightly toasted.

Keep an eye on it so that the bread does not burn.








You can do however many you want, I cooked two pieces when I made it.





Stack your toast how you would like it.














Heat up the ham how you would like it, about 10 seconds in the microwave works.

Add that to the top of your toast.

Shred your cheese on the top and you can eat it just like that.







OR

You can make Hollandaise sauce for the top!

People seem to make a big deal about this but it is one of the easiest things to make once I learned how.

Separate your egg/eggs. Whenever I use egg yolks I will put the whites in a container in the fridge and next time I make scrambled eggs add it to that. Basically, I hate to waste food.

Mix the egg with the Lemon juice, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.

In a separate bowl melt the butter, take a few seconds in the microwave. For the lemon juice you add either 1/4-1/2 Tablespoon to it per egg. I like mine more acidic to cut the rich taste of the dish.

Then slowly add the hot butter to the egg mixture and serve.

Something to know with this is to make sure the butter is hot! Because you cannot reheat this sauce, then the eggs will cook.






Drizzle that on top of the bread.











I wanted to make something more more fun with this so I took the toasted centers from the bread and used some cookie cutters to get some shapes out of them. I chose bunnies, of course.





It came out looking like this.













Not to brag....But this tastes freaking delicious! I crave it so much since I made it and as I write this I am tempted to make another piece in the kitchen.

I hope you enjoy this and have fun cooking!

Enjoying the noms of their labor,
-C.A.M.

p.s.
My dog, Baron Von Joby, also enjoyed the little cut out not in the picture there (if you were wondering why there was only one bunny cut out on the side)


No comments:

Post a Comment